Everything Apple

Thursday 3 April 2014

Happy birthday, iPad! Here’s how you changed my Mom’s life.

iPad introduction 201004 (Steve Jobs demo 001)


The iPad launched to the public on April 3, 2010 so we though it’d be cool to celebrate the occasion by recapping the incredible four years of the post-PC revolution Apple’s device ushered in 4 years ago today.


The iPad is many things to many people. It transforms itself to whatever one wants it to be, thanks to the power of software and the more than 500,000 beautifully designed apps, created specifically for it.


Do you remember seeing Steve Jobs demo web browsing on the iPad for the first time? I know I was completely sold on this idea of holding the Internet in my hand. Since getting my first iPad, I’ve spent countless hours before bedtime with it just catching up on news, hanging on Twitter and what not.


You should know I’d never done that on any of my notebooks, they were just too clunky to hold comfortably in one hand. And, I’ve long given up squinting at small type on tiny smartphone screens.


If you’d told me back then that soon most of my research, entertainment and online activities would happen on a tablet, I’d have called you nuts for sure. And here we are four years later with the iPad as my primary computer.


Want to take a trip down memory lane? Read on…(...)

Read the rest of Happy birthday, iPad! Here’s how you changed my Mom’s life.




"Happy birthday, iPad! Here’s how you changed my Mom’s life." is an article by iDownloadBlog.com.

Make sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.


0 comments :

Post a Comment