Everything Apple

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Apple drops Google Maps for own maps in a new beta of the Find My iPhone web app

Find my iPhone 4.0 (iCloud 001)


It would seem that Google gave way to Apple Maps on the web in a new Find My iPhone beta, which was released yesterday alongside iOS 8 Beta 3 and the third OS X Yosemite Developer Preview.


At the time of this writing, the change appeared to affect Apple’s Find My iPhone beta on the web, which has switched from Google Maps tiles to an Apple Maps backend. For those wondering, the native iOS app stopped using Google Maps in 2012…... Read the rest of this post here




"Apple drops Google Maps for own maps in a new beta of the Find My iPhone web app" is an article by iDownloadBlog.com.

Make sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.


0 comments :

Post a Comment