Everything Apple

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Seagate Backup Plus Fast: a good external drive for Mac users?

Seagate Backup Fast

As a MacBook Pro with Retina Display owner, disk space is at a premium. My MacBook features 256GB of SSD flash storage, which isn’t exactly tiny in most use cases, but is downright microscopic when it comes to editing video and audio.

My video files are extra large due to the fact that I shoot in 4K the majority of the time. In fact, simply gathering the footage for this video review was somewhere in the neighborhood of 25GB, and that’s not even an in-depth video like an iPad review or an Apple Watch review.

With this in mind, it became apparently clear that I was going to need an external storage solution. But I also needed something that was fast enough to adequately handle the throughput required by 4K video.

After lots of research, I ended up purchasing the Seagate Backup Plus Fast drive. It’s a 4TB RAID 0 drive, so it’s fairly fast. A couple of weeks into my purchase, I’ve accumulated several hours of hands-on experience with this drive. Does it live up to my expectations?... Read the rest of this post here


"Seagate Backup Plus Fast: a good external drive for Mac users?" is an article by iDownloadBlog.com.
Make sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.

0 comments :

Post a Comment