Everything Apple

Friday 8 August 2014

How to change your Mac computer’s name

Mac OS X Tips


While working on a series of post about Find My iPhone recently, I realized that my iMac didn’t have a specific name attached to it. When in Find My iPhone, it would just show up saying “Unknown.”. I wasn’t sure how that happened, but I knew I wanted to have a proper name for it, just so I could recognize it easily when using AirDrop, or simply when looking for it on the local network.


The steps to set or change a Mac’s name are quick and easy, but I figured that if you already know how to do it, maybe this post will be a reminder for you to check that your Mac has indeed been attributed a name. If not, I’ll show you how to do just that…... Read the rest of this post here




"How to change your Mac computer’s name" is an article by iDownloadBlog.com.

Make sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.


0 comments :

Post a Comment