Everything Apple

Wednesday 29 October 2014

How to show or hide filename extensions in OS X Yosemite

Mac OS X Tips


I’m still tweaking my new iMac so it behaves the way I want it to. While all my main apps have been installed and set up as needed, there is still all these little things that need to be finetuned. One of those things is file extensions.


By default, OS X hides the extensions of filenames. I imagine this is made to simplify the view for casual users, and I’m totally fine with that. However, I like to see the extensions of files on my desktop or in Finder, which allows me to use files differently depending on their extensions.


In this post, I will show you how to hide or show the extensions of filenames on a Mac in OS X Yosemite.... Read the rest of this post here




"How to show or hide filename extensions in OS X Yosemite" is an article by iDownloadBlog.com.

Make sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.


0 comments :

Post a Comment